The Rangeland Society of Tanzania (RST) cordially invites abstracts for the 3rd Scientific Conference to be held at EDEMA Hotel in Morogoro, Tanzania from 12 to 13 March, 2018.
Final Date of Receiving Abstracts is 31st December 2017,Authors with ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS will be notified by 15th January 2018 and will be requested to submit FULL PAPERS up to 15th February 2018.
CONFERENCE FEES is Tzs 50,000/=
In addition participants will be required to meet their travel costs and upkeep to register for the conference and submission of manuscript, e-mail the committee Dr. G. Msalya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. A. Z. Sangeda (email@example.com)
THEME: Healthy Rangelands for Sustainable Grazing Land Productivity.
SUB-THEMES AND KEY NOTE SPEAKERS
- Inventory and monitoring of rangeland resources, PROF. EJ MTENGETI, SUA
- Weeds and invasive plants, PROF. KP SIBUGA, SUA
- Forage plant improvement and seed production technologies, DR. J KIZIMA, TALIRI
- Legislation on grazing land use and gender issues in rangelands, DR. S NINDI, MINISTRY OF LANDS
- Forage utilization and conservation, DR. G MSALYA, SUA
- Principles of rehabilitation of degraded rangelands, DR. I SELEMANI, SUA
- Natural resources conservation and livestock interface, MR. P KAVANA, TAWIRI
About Rangeland Society of Tanzania.
Rangeland Society of Tanzania (RST) was registered in 2005 as a non-governmental organization (NGO) with a core objective of bringing together scientists, professionals and stakeholders working in the fields of Range Science and Management, Livestock Science and Production, Land use Planning and related disciplines.
The organization has 170 registered members actively conducting research and outreach activities in different topics such as rangelands development and sustainability, dry land management, Rangeland biodiversity and conservation, wildlife-livestock interaction, climate change adaptation and mitigation, pasture establishment, land degradation, land conflict resolutions, gender roles, social equity and emerging technologies in rangelands development among others.
Contact for more Information
Rangeland Society of Tanzania,
P.O. Box 3004, Morogoro,Tanzania,