The BSU III project is pleased to announce a PhD course: 'Holistic Systems Thinking and Analysis’. The training will take place a week beginning 21st to 25th October 2019 at the Sokoine University; Tanzania. The course is relevant for PhD and MSc students but we strongly encourage instructors earmarked to offer classes in the PhD programme in Agroecology to attend. SUA staff with interest in research in farming and food systems are also welcome.
Expected learning outcomes
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Employ holistic systems approach when developing project ideas
- Predict the success or failure and be able to adjust a specified permacultural or agroecological farming system
- Appraise the performance of an agroecosystem operating on permaculture and/or agroecology.
Learning methods and skills development
- Lectures in class room
- Participatory learning
- Learning in practice through excursion followed by reflection in smaller groups and plenary
- Independent study leading to pre-course assignment and presentation in class
- Development of project proposal
- Full name and current affiliation
- Title of study (for MSc and PhD students) or description of work area (for SUA staff)
We will get back to you within a week after applying. We accept a maximum of 25 participants.