The programme produce qualified professional teachers in geography and Mathematics in secondary education and education institutions. The graduates have skills and techniques in teaching methods to make these subject relevant in life and interesting to learners. These graduate are experts in management, administration, curricula development, counselling, consultancy, and entrepreneurship and investors in education systems.
Student who graduate from this program should be able to:
- Teach geography and mathematics subjects.
- Effectively manage school and perform other administrative duties
- Advise and participate in formulation of educational curricula in the areas of geography and mathematics.
- Advise and participate in formulation of educational policies
- Encourage secondary school students to study science specifically in mathematics and geography disciplines and pursue careers in these fields
Facts and Competency in natural sciences are known by few educators; choose to be one of them
Two principal passes (4 points) in the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Mathematics, Com- puter Science, Physics or Geography OR Diploma in Education with an average of “B” or GPA of 3.0.
In addition, an applicant must have a minimum of “D” grade in two science subjects in the following order,
Chemistry and Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics, Geography and Biology, or Geography and Mathematics; Chemistry and Physics; Physics and Mathematics; Physics and Geography.
Tshs. 1,263,000 per year
Applicants should apply directly to SUA using the online admission system (link: http://suasis.suanet.ac.tz:8389/index.php/registration) or Click “Apply Online (Undergraduate)” button at www.sua.ac.tz and you will be directed
The office of Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P. O. Box 3000,
Inquiries should be sent to:-