The general objective of the MA (PME) Degree Programme is to equip students with up-to-date knowledge and skills
to enable them plan, manage and evaluate projects and programmes for sustainable development.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
1. Impart students with the knowledge and skills on theoretical and practical aspects of project planning, analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
2. Enable students to analyze policy and institutional factors which affect project design, implementation and outcome;
3. Equip students with specialized knowledge and skills of addressing challenges facing project planning, management and evaluation in developing countries;
4. Enable students to apply knowledge and skills of project management and policy analysis for national economic and social development; and
5. Build capacity of students to translate policies into tangible programmes with defined outcomes.
- ABOUT PROGRAMME
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- TUITION FEES
- HOW TO APPLY
Duration of the Programmes
The duration of the degree program is 18 months full-time.
The potential applicants should hold a Bachelor Degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) or equivalent qualification from recognized higher learning institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
Candidates with a PASS degree will also be considered for admission if:
(1) their undergraduate performance in a subject related to Development Studies is at least of B grade, and/or
(2) they have satisfied the College that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive fieldwork/research experience of at least three years and/or additional professional development courses of a duration of at least three months. Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have a PASS and an average of B grade in the subject related to Development Studies.
Candidates who are non-degree holders but hold Advanced or Postgraduate Diplomas from recognized higher learning institutions shall be admitted to the MA (PME) degree programme provided they have studied subjects relevant to Development Studies and have attained a minimum Grade of B in respective subjects.
Fees are according to SUA fees structure. More information on fees is available at http://www.suanet.ac.tz/phocadownload/newfee2015_2016final1.pdf
Application forms can be requested from the undersigned or downloaded from our website:
Such dully –filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned adress not later than 15th September, 2017 together with evidence of Shs. 50,000/= or 20$ for foreigners as application fees. Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
DIRECTORATE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, RESEARCH, TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND CONSULTANCY,
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE,
P.O. BOX 3151, CHUO KIKUU,
Telephone: +255 023-264 0013 Fax: :+255 023-264 0013,